Upward Basketball & Cheerleading!
Take a look around and find out what Upward is all about. We hope to see you next season! If you have any questions, please let us know!
- Equal playing time for every player
- A one-hour practice and game each week of the season
- An evaluation process to provide equal opportunity for improvement
- And much more!
Every player will receive:
- Upward Basketball reversible jersey
- Upward Basketball t-shirt
- Upward Basketball Winner Magazine
- Upward Basketball car magnet
- Upward music CD
- End of the season award (what will it be this year?)
What is Upward Basketball?
Upward Basketball was founded by Caz McCaslin. Since it’s beginning in 1986, the emphasis has been upon Christ-likeness and good sportsmanship, not championships and trophies. It was founded upon Colossians 3:17: “Whatever you do, whether in word of deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Today, there are over 100,000 children participating in Upward worldwide.
- Equal opportunity for improvement
- A one-hour practice each week of the season
- Cheer time for one hour on game day
- And much more!
Every Upward Cheerleader will receive:
- Upward Cheerleading top
- Upward Cheerleading skort
- Two cheer poms
- Upward Cheerleading megaphone
- Upward Cheerleading Winner Magazine
- Upward Cheerleading car magnet
- Upward music CD
- End of the season award
Information for Parents
HOW TO REGISTER
There are three ways to register for Upward Basketball or Cheerleading. You may either:
- Pick up a registration form at the church office anytime between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday-Thursday, complete and return with registration fee.
- Download and print a registration form to complete and return with registration fee to the church office.
- Register online at www.registration.upward.org/UPW65492
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN REGISTERING
- Deadline for registration is December 14, 2017
- Basketball shorts and cheerleading mock turtlenecks are optional at a cost of $20 (in addition to the registration fee).
- Scholarships are available upon request. All scholarships require financial participation of at least 50%. Please contact the church office for more information.
- Every Basketball player & Cheerleader MUST attend one Basketball Evaluation or Cheerleading Orientation (see below).
- To request that a registration form be mailed to you, please contact us at the church office.
REQUIRED BASKETBALL EVALUATION / CHEERLEADING ORIENTATION SCHEDULE
Every basketball player and cheerleader is required to attend a Basketball Evaluation / Cheerleading Orientation.
You may CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2017 or THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2017
Come anytime between 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Held in the Gymnasium at Campus Bible Church – Maple Campus (4710 N. Maple Ave. Fresno 93726)
The entire process should take less than 30 minutes.
What takes place at a Basketball evaluation or Cheerleading Orientation?
- We verify that your child is registered or accept your registration.
- We verify that the appropriate release forms have been completed and turned in.
- Your child tries on a basketball jersey or cheerleading top and skort to verify that we order just the right size.
- We provide you with information about the league and answer any questions you may have.
- Basketball players are given a brief evaluation that will help us when it comes to drafting the teams.
Registration opens :: November 1, 2017
Evaluations/Sizings :: November 27 or 30, 2017
Registration deadline :: December 14, 2017
Season begins :: January 2018
Practices :: Once per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, OR Friday) – beginning January 8
Game Days :: 8 Weeks – Saturdays – January 20 thru March 10
Awards Celebration :: Sunday, March 11, 2017
[toggle title="Basketball Schedule" variation=blue]
• Team 4 (1st/2nd)
• Mike (3rd/4th)
• Troy (5th/6th)
• Trevor (5th/6th)
• Doug (3rd/4th)
• Josh C. (3rd/4th)
• Doug (5th/6th)
• Cory (1st/2nd)
• Jason H. (5th/6th)
• Randy (3rd/4th)
• Elizabeth (3rd/4th)
• Jason R. (1st/2nd)
• Elizabeth (3rd/4th)
• Adrian (1st/2nd)
• Josh T. (3rd/4th)
[toggle title="Cheer Schedule" variation=blue]
• Danielle Chidester (1st-6th)
[toggle title="Game Schedule" variation=blue]
[download_link link="#" variation="blue"]Basketball/Cheer Game Schedule – coming soon [PDF]
Volunteer to help
If you desire to be a coach or referee, prior basketball knowledge is helpful but not required. Attend one of the excellent Coaches/Referee Training Sessions which will be scheduled and you will be all set.
Coaching or Refereeing not your thing? That’s okay. We have many other areas where we need volunteers. If you have a love for Jesus and want to see that every child is a winner, then Upward Basketball and Upward Cheerleading are for you.
Different Ways to Serve in Upward:
- Coaches – Each team will have a Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
- Referees – This year we are striving to have designated officials who officiate a specific time each Saturday.
- Devotions – We need individuals to share what Jesus means to them during the half time of all Upward Games.
- Prayer – Would you like to commit to pray for the players, parents, coaches, referees, and commissioners of Upward?
- Team Parent – We need individuals to assist their child’s team with organizing of snacks, drinks and to assist the coach in any way possible.
- Concession Stand – We need volunteers to run the concession stands. All levels of commitment are needed, from 1-2 hours one Saturday-to a weekly volunteer position. You will be scheduled AROUND your child’s games. “Set-Up” means to get there early and get the food ready to sell, make sure everyone knows what needs to done, etc. “Closing” means to do inventory, count money, etc.
- Behind the Scenes – We need individuals to assist with data entry for player registrations.