In twenty-first century America we desperately need to understand manhood and its essential role in society. Our families and communities do need godly male role models, but the truth is that men struggle with knowing how to become the husbands, fathers, friends and citizens we were designed to be.
Our task in Men’s Ministry is to discover God’s design for manhood and how to live as Christ’s men in these times. At Campus Bible Church we are doing this through a variety of small groups, fellowship times and training opportunities.
Throughout the Week
RCP Men’s Retreat
[styled_image w="246" h="170" lightbox="no" align="right" image="http://www.campusbiblechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/hume-sunrise.jpg"]This annual retreat is held in the coastal mountains near Santa Cruz. Get away for the weekend with men from both Campus and other churches for a time of refreshing adventure and worship.
When: Friday-Sunday, February 17-19, 2017
[button_link url="http://www.campusbiblechurch.com/event/mens-retreat-2" style="blue small"]More Info[/button_link]
[styled_image w="246" h="195" lightbox="no" align="right" image="http://www.campusbiblechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fatherdaughter2-289x300.jpg"]Campouts are not just for dads and sons! Take your daughter camping too! In September 2012, an annual event was created when a group of dads took their daughters on a campout at the Thousand Trails Camp site in Morgan Hill. It was a great weekend spent together, with lots for dads and daughters to do together! Plan to join us on the next Father/Daughter Campout.
Next Campout: September 23-25, 2016
[button_link url="http://www.campusbiblechurch.com/event/father-daughter-trip/2016-09-23" style="blue small"]More Info[/button_link]
Hume Lake Men’s Retreat
[styled_image w="246" h="170" lightbox="no" align="right" image="http://www.campusbiblechurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/hume-sunrise.jpg"]Each November, we head up to Hume Lake Christian Camp for a rollicking weekend of manly activities. We’ll hear from a special speaker and eat delicious food. This is a great chance to get to know some of the other men in our church.
When: Friday-Sunday, November 4-6, 2016
[button_link url="http://www.campusbiblechurch.com/event/mens-retreat/2016-11-04" style="blue small"]More Info[/button_link]
Take the Men In Action Class
Spring 2017 Class Info
Dates: Thursdays, January 12 – March 30, 2017
Time: 6:30-9:00 pm
Location: Maple A201
Teacher: Pastor Jim Cecy
Graduation Banquet: Thursday, April 7, 2017
To register for the next class, complete the sign up form below.
What's MIA all about?
Men In Action is an 12-week class that culminates in a class banquet. Over 200 men at Campus have completed the course.
Through lessons, weekly homework and discussions you will have had opportunity to learn and evaluate yourself concerning:
- The Self-Motivated Leader (e.g. solo initiative)
- The Disciplined Leader (Prayer, Study, Service, etc.)
- The Organized Leader
- The Leader as a Soldier of the Cross
- The Leader who Understands the Value of a Name
- The Leader who values “The Missing Chair” (People who are absent)
- The Biblical Standard for All Leaders in General (e.g. Qualities of an Elder)
- The Vulnerable Leader (Testifying Regarding His Weaknesses)
- The World’s View of Leadership
- Developing My Life Focus
- The Leader that Cares for His Body
- Modern Christian Leaders’ Views of Leadership
- The Leader in the New Testament (e.g. Leadership Terms)
- The Fruit of the Spirit and the Leader
- The Qualities of an Effective Servant-Leader (Life of Paul)
- The Leader in Light of the Pastoral Epistles
- The Leader and P.R.A.Y.E.R.
- The Task-Oriented vs. The People-Oriented Leader
- The F.A.T. leader (Faithful, Available, Teachable)
- The Accountable Leader
- The Leader and His Spiritual Gifts (Including a Spiritual Gift Inventory)
- The 5 C’s of Picking a Leader
- The Leader in the Workplace
- The Leader as Manager
- The Leader as Discipler
- The Leader and His Family
- The Leader who Understands the Master’s Plan for His Church
- The Role of Elders in the Local Church
- Handling Church Problems as a Leader (e.g. Case Studies)
- The Leader in Sacrificial Service (e.g. Service projects)
By God’s grace we will all learn to be the kind of leader who is always willing to take another step toward becoming more effective in the home, the community and in the church.